Tuesday 18 August 2015

Poppys Pesto

I have always loved pesto but I had never thought of making it from scratch myself! Until I saw Poppy Deyes do a blog post on it, instantly I went out and got the ingredients because I couldn't wait to try it for myself. I used the same recipe as Poppy you can see her post here.

Anyway lets get straight in to this DIY cooking!  


First of all you're going to need:

 A bag of Basil (About 2 handfuls)
A generous handful of pine nuts
One and a half tablespoons of olive oil
Juice of half a lemon (No seeds!)
A small handful of grated parmesan cheese
A heaped teaspoon of fresh garlic (Or more/less depending on how much you love garlic) 
A pinch of sea salt and pepper

Now this is how easy making Pesto is, you're just going to throw all of that into a blender and mix it all up for a minute or so depending of what texture you want your Pesto to be! Simple as that.
If you want your Pesto to be a bit thicker you can use less olive oil or not blend it as much and if you like it quite smooth then add more oil and blend it for longer. 
All that's left to do now is transfer it into a pot/container and its ready to be used, I am going to be making a lovely Pesto Pasta with mine! YUMMY!!



I hope you have enjoyed this fun little DIY cooking post! If you have enjoyed this and you want to see more posts like this then let me know in the comments. I had so much fun making this and using it in my pasta, everyone loved it and I just felt amazing because I had made it from scratch and it is sooo easy, definitely worth trying it out yourself.

Talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment