Wednesday 23 September 2015

How I clean my make-up brushes

Cleaning your make-up brushes is a mundane task but it is one we all must do!! It is so important to clean your brushes I would say at least once a month, every day you use those brushes to apply your make-up your picking bacteria that is on your face, you then leave the brush and let the bacteria sit there, you then come back the next day and use the same brush you're now rubbing bacteria into your face and picking up more bacteria into the brush. It's just one nasty cycle and if you suffer with acne or spots from time to time this could help sooo much! I know no one really wants to do it but we have to and here is how I clean mine.




First off all I pop my brushes under running water, keep in mind that you don't want to use hot water because if it gets too hot it can start to melt the glue and loosen the bristles in the brush! So I use cold or warm water to wash my brushes.



I will then put a pump of hand soap on all of my brushes and my beauty blenders. There are products out there which are specific soaps for cleaning brushes I have never invested in those because soap works perfectly fine for me! I will then rub that into my brushes and beauty blenders and you can watch all the old product squeeze out! Do not rub or pull on your brushes to hard because eyou could pull out the bristles.



I will then put them back under the running water and give them a gentle rub and with the beauty blenders continuously squeeze them until the water runs clear. You can repeat the soap step again if the water still doesn't run clear but just remember not to be to ruff with the brushes.


I tend to spin my brushes in-between my hands, I don't like to whip them to try and dry them because this can be quite harsh on the glue which may have loosened up in the process of cleaning. I give my beauty blenders and good squeeze to try and get most of the water out.



I then leave them hanging off a side so that they can just air dry I tend to leave them there for the rest of the day and over night! Just look at how clean they are now, that makes me so happy that the tips of my brushes are now white again!! Although it doesn't stay that way for long. Just remember how important it is to clean your brushes, so if you're reading this thinking to yourself "When was the last time I washed my brushes??" Then go do it now!!

Talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment