Wednesday 21 October 2015

Halloween Cupcakes

I'm sure you have all realised that I am a little bit Halloween obsessed!! So here is another Halloween inspired post, I have made some Halloween cupcakes and they were so beautiful and yummy! Let's get into this!!

I used this cook book and used the Vanilla Cupcake recipe. You can make which ever mix you like though maybe even with some Halloween flovours such as pumpkin, cinnamon ect. But I stuck with plain and simple!!


Cake mix recipe:
80g Butter
280g Caster Sugar
240g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
240ml Milk
2 Large Eggs

First of all you want to preheat your oven to 190°
Then line your muffin tin with cupcake cases.


To begin with make sure all the dry ingredients have been sifted, you are then going to add the flour, caster sugar, butter, baking soda & salt to your mixer and slowly mix till they are all mixed together nicley and the butter has formed small bread crumbs.
I then like to add the vanilla extract and eggs into the milk and mix well together, then bit by bit add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients until your cake mix is smooth with no lumps left.



Spoon mixture into the cupcake cases so they are just over half full.


Put in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Let your cup cakes cool down completely before you decorate.



Now for the FUN part!!

Butter Icing mix:
500g Icing Sugar
160g Butter
50ml Milk
A splash off Vanilla essence
& Topping of choice



To make the butter icing you put all the icing sugar, butter and milk all in a mixer and SLOWLY mix them in, I say SLOWLY because if you put your mixer on full you will be standing in a white cloud within a second. You want to mix the icing until it is all combined with no lumps.


This is where you get to be so creative, which is my favourite part! I have decided to do a Halloween colour scheme to decorate my cakes, I'm going to make an Orange and a Purple icing. So I'm going to separate my icing into two and add my colouring!



You then put the two coloured icings into the piping bag side by side, I then piped rose swirls on my cakes and you get a gorgeous effect from the icing.
I then added a few golden balls and they were finished!




I had four cupcakes left so decided to be a bit more fun and make some Halloween character cupcakes, I chose to do some frankenstine cakes.

First of all I mixed up some icing sugar with water to make a simple icing mix.


I then added my green food colouring until i was happy with the colour of my icing.


You then want to cover marshmallows in green icing and stick them on top of the cupcakes. Then cover the rest of the cake in the green icing. Leave that icing to set and dry.



I then mixed black food colouring into muy left over green icing, I am going to use this to draw the faces on my marshmallows.


I then added some green smarties into the side of the marshmallow and then they were finished!



They defiantly look fun and you could try so many different styles and charecters go to town and have fun!
If you do make any cupcakes be sure to tag me on twitter or Instagram I would love to see your creations!!

Talk soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment