Friday 11 December 2015

Home-made Dog Biscuits

This is a post for all you doggy owners! I am in love with making my own Home-made biscuits for my dog, and if I shall speak on her behalf she also loves it when I make her biscuits! You can choose whatever you put into them and that means you can always add there favourite flavours and foods. I think most importantly though you know what you're feeding your dog and it is healthy! You do want to be careful though because there are certain foods that dogs can't eat, I will try and find a list of foods you should avoid or keep to a minimum!! Any way these are my biscuits and Aisha (My dog) confirms that they are amazing.



Like I said all ingredients are optional! But Cheese and Marmite are my dogs favourite and then I also added a chicken oxo cube just for extra flavor! I also decided to use Honey and Fish oil because these will help with giving her a shiny coat!! Then I used flour and water to help bind a dough together.

                            

First of all I mixed the flour, cheese and oxo cube together and broke the cheese up into smaller pieces !

                        

I then added the Honey, Marmite and Fish oil, I also used a knife to mix this in because it could get very messy if I used my hands!


I then added little bits of water and used my hands to combine this into a dough, carry on slowly adding bits of water until you're happy with your dough consistency.



Once you have rolled out your dough to a decided thickness, then choose a cutter to use and get stamping biscuits out! I chose this star cutter because I feel this is a good size treat for my dog.

                             

Also don't forget to sprinkle flour all over your baking tray so that your biscuits don't stick!



Cut out as many biscuits as you can, the more you do the more your dog will love you.
Cook them in the oven for around 15 minutes, or until golden brown!



And there you have some amazing home-made doggy treats! It is very important that you leave the treats to cool completely before you feed them to your puppy, even though it can be very hard to resist when they are staring at you with puppy dog eyes!

                                    

                                    

                                    

You can also play around and test your dogs patience with all the treats!! Don't worry I didn't just make her do tricks with them she ate lots of them, probably too many but she loved them soo much! If you make any dog treats then please let me know what you create, or if you would like to see a different type of dog treat I could do that as well! 


Talk soon x 

No comments:

Post a Comment